Having lived less than half a mile from the front gates of Bryn Llys for the past 20 years it was in the summer of 2018 that we ventured down the long driveway for the first time. Even after that first short visit we were hooked having fallen in love with everything about it. The opportunity to buy Bryn Llys presented itself and we took the plunge…..with both feet!
We have both lived in Snowdonia for the past 25 years. In that time we have worked and raised our family in the area and discovered many amazing places. We can offer a wealth of advice and ideas for activities and things to do in the local area whatever the weather. Working as outdoor instructors we also have a depth of knowledge and experience to help advise on more adventurous activities and enjoy helping guests make the most of their time in the area
We feel incredibly privileged to be looking after Bryn Llys and we hope this comes across as we constantly strive to care for and improve this wonderful place for now and the future.
Providing a personalised service and experience is at the heart of all our plans for the future and we look forward to welcoming you to Bryn Llys very soon….
Carlo & Liz
- We ask for 10% deposit at the time of booking with full balance payment 28 days in advance of your stay with us. Payment in full will be required if booking within 28 days of your arrival.
- All of our accommodation is equipped with fire alarms and smoke detectors.
- All of our accommodation is non-smoking.
- We have CCTV and wild life camera traps in operation around our grounds.
- Electricity and heating are included in the price. To help us reduce our environmental impact we kindly ask guests to switch off lighting in unoccupied rooms and turn down heating if not required.
- We provide fresh linen including bedding, bath towels, tea towels and bathroom mats. We use eco-friendly cleaning and laundry products.
- Cots and high chairs are available on request and free of charge.
- Free wifi access is available in all of our accommodation and is also available in the Barn area close to the caravan park.
- We welcome dogs and a cleaning charge of £15 per dog will be added. Please see FAQs for further information.
- Close food shops are in Bethesda (1 mile) and the city of Bangor (7 miles).
Bryn Llys site map
Frequently asked questions
- What is the standard arrival/key collection time?
Normal arrival time is from 3 pm onwards. We can offer self-check in and on occasions an earlier check-in time (subject to availability and prior arrangement) if required. Please contact us directly for availability.
- What is the standard departure time?
Our standard departure time is 10.30am.
- Do you provide bed linen and towels?
We provide all bed linen and towels for guests staying in Bryn Llys, Hafan and Arosfa.
- Is there plenty of parking?
Yes. All our parking is secure and directly adjacent to the properties at the end of our 200m drive, there is plenty of space however we do ask guest to share transport where possible to help limit environmental impact.
- Do you accept dogs?
Yes, we welcome well behaved dogs to Bryn Llys. We do have a few requests for dog owners to help ensure a pleasant stay for everyone:
- Please keep dogs under control at all times while on the property this is primarily to help avoid scaring the wildlife.
- Please clean up any fouling without delay.
- Please bring the dog’s bed or basket for sleeping in – we do have some spare in case you forget.
- Dogs must not be left alone in the property.
- Please do not let dogs lie on beds or chairs.
- Where are the nearest food shops?
The nearest food shops are less than a mile away in Bethesda. We have a range of small shops plus to two main stores – Londis and Tesco Express. The city of Bangor is 7 miles away and has a range of large supermarkets some of which will deliver to Bryn Llys via online shopping. We are happy to receive online deliveries on your day of arrival.
- Can you walk to the village?
Bethesda is a short, picturesque 10 minute walk from Bryn Llys, which takes you through our wood, into Parc Meurig and over the river Ogwen.
- Where are the local places to eat?
We have a number of local cafes, pubs and restaurants within a short drive or walk. In Bethesda you will find a number of small cafes – Caffi Seren, Fitzpatricks, Caffi Coed y Brenin.
The village also has takeaways including a fish and chip shop, Indian and Chinese. There are also number of local pubs which serve food. The Blondin restaurant at Zip World is a short drive or walk and there are plenty of recommended pubs and restaurants near the city of Bangor. We would be happy to recommend our personal favourites and provide directions for you.
- Are there local walks from Bryn Llys?
We have plenty of walks direct from Bryn Llys, which explore the very best of the local history and landscape around all with the stunning backdrop of the spectacular mountains of Snowdonia. Please ask for details during your stay we are always happy to help and advise on best routes.